Travel Tips for visiting chicago
- How far is the Art Institute of Chicago from The Silversmith Hotel? Silversmith Hotel in the Downtown Chicago Loop is 0.2 miles from the Art Institute of Chicago. Guests of the Silversmith enjoy a less than five-minute walk to Chicago’s finest art museum, featuring a collection of iconic world art that includes Pablo Picasso’s The Old Guitarist and Vincent Van Gogh’s The Bedroom. The impressive collection also showcases the works of Marc Chagall, Claude Monet, Salvador Dali, Diego Rivera, Henri Matisse, Georgia O’Keefee, Jackson Pollock and Andy Warhol.
- Does The Silversmith Hotel have accessible rooms?
Silversmith Hotel offers several ADA- accessible rooms for our guests with disabilities with benefits like wider doorways and roll-in showers. In our commitment to ADA compliance, this website adheres to the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), to ensure we provide an accessible and user-friendly experience across digital devices. Learn More
- Does The Silversmith Hotel have an early departure fee? If you need to leave before your original check-out date, Silversmith Hotel is happy to accommodate your change of plans. We do require an early departure fee of one night's room rate + tax.
- What is the minimum check-in age at The Silversmith Hotel? You must be 21+ to make a reservation and check-in at the Silversmith. Please contact our staff for more information on our check-in and reservation policies at The Silversmith Hotel.
- Does Adamus Restaurant & Bar have specials? Guests regularly enjoy specials on beer, wine and cocktails, as well as delicious appetizers including the popular cheeseburger sliders and fried jumbo shrimp. Follow us on social media for information on dates and times.
- What is the Loop in Chicago? The Loop is an area in the central business district of Downtown Chicago and home to Chicago's commercial core and City Hall. The Loop is where you’ll find Willis Tower, the Bean in Millennium Park, Grant Park, the Art Institute of Chicago and Silversmith Hotel. The Loop is bordered by Lake Michigan to the east, the Chicago River to the north and west and Roosevelt Rd. to the south.
- What are the best restaurants near The Silversmith Hotel? Silversmith Hotel is immersed in Downtown Chicago’s vibrant food scene. Get a taste of the Windy City right here at Adamus, our modern hotel eatery with a menu of American contemporary cuisine, wine, beer and cocktails. The hotel is also within walking distance or a quick ride to many top Chicago restaurants, including The Gage, Trattoria No.10, The Grillroom Chophouse & Wine Bar, Tavern at the Park, The Walnut Room at Macy's, Sweetwater Tavern & Grille and Everest. Our Concierge can help with dining recommendations and reservations.
- Do you offer parking? Our hotel offers self-parking for $55 nightly at the 55 East Monroe parking garage. From the hotel, head south on Wabash then turn right at the first light (Monroe). The parking garage is on your right.
- What is your package policy? We are pleased to accept packages for registered guests only up to seven days prior to arrival. We will not accept packages for recipients without a reservation. Packages not claimed within 10 days after departure will be returned to the sender at the owner’s expense. The first two packages (not to exceed 5 lbs) will be received and stored compliments of the hotel. If you are shipping three (3) or more packages, you must contact management directly between the hours of 9 am - 4 pm. Monday-Friday only, seven (7) days prior to arrival. Any packages sent to the hotel that exceed the maximum amount will be refused at the discretion of the management of the hotel. Silversmith Hotel reserves the right to refuse any packages that are not aligned with our hotel policy. The hotel is not responsible for the safe or timely arrival of any packages sent to the hotel. The guest is solely responsible for verifying the arrival of any packages delivered to the hotel and to ensure that the contents are intact. Silversmith Hotel will not accept liability for lost, damaged or delayed packages from shippers.
- What is the “Historic Preservation Fee”? Founded in 1897 by Peter J. Weber in the city's Jewelers Row District, The Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown blends historic architecture and modern amenities. The Historic Preservation fee ensures that our iconic Chicago hotel is well-preserved. We thank you for continuing to support our hotel and the part it plays in Chicago's history.
- Does Silversmith Hotel offer valet parking? Yes, Silversmith Hotel offers valet parking. Cost is $70 per vehicle, per night.
- Does The Silversmith Hotel offer meeting venues? The Silversmith Hotel features 4,400 sq ft of flexible event space to host meetings, conferences, and other social events. With technology-enhanced rooms, we provide an engaging experience at our hotel.
- What are the check-in and check-out times at The Silversmith Hotel? Check-in is at 3:00pm, and check-out is noon.
- Does The Silversmith Hotel offer breakfast? The Silversmith Hotel offers breakfast daily from 7:00am to 10:00am.
- What is the closest airport to The Silversmith Hotel? Chicago Midway International Airport is the nearest, just 12.3 miles from The Silversmith Hotel. You can cover the journey in 29 minutes via taxi.
- What are the best attractions near The Silversmith Hotel? The hotel is within walking distance of Chicago's best attractions, including Adler Planetarium, Art Institute of Chicago, Children's Museum, Lincoln Park Zoo, Millennium Park, Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier and more.