Skip to main content
Remind Me Later
  • Cancel

Traveler Information - Chicago International Hotel Accommodations

O'Hare International Airport (ORD)

You can travel to virtually any city in the world from Chicago. International travelers can easily navigate the city from Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown ideal location. Below you can find valuable information about flights, embassies, exchange rates, customs and more. Please contact us for additional information that will make traveling Chicago a breeze.
Executive Offices - Concessions - Marketing - Operations - Public Affairs
Latitude: 41.974405  |  Longitude: -87.907353

O'Hare Airline Contact Info:

Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA)
Customer Service  |  P.O. Box 66142  |  Chicago, IL 60666  |  800-832-6352 |


There are greater than 40 foreign embassies and consults in Chicago. For information on your particular embassy visit:

Foreign Exchange

If you are traveling to Chicago, IL from a foreign destination, you will need to exchange your currency for the American Dollar or US Dollar. You may exchange your money for the US Dollar at most Chicago banks. Please note that most banks are open on weekdays (Monday - Friday) only. All banks are closed during federal holidays. If on holiday, vacation, or business you can also inquire about purchasing travelers checks (Travelers Cheques). It is recommended that before your trip, consult with your credit or debit card bank about the foreign exchange transaction fees charged for using your card in the United States.


The electricity used in Chicago, IL is standard electricity, which is 110 volts. Appliances brought from Europe, Africa and most of Asia and Latin America will require a voltage transformer.

Passport & Visa Requirements

All persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda are required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable. International visitors who need a visa to travel to the US must apply for one at an American embassy or consulate. For more information, visit


You must complete customs and immigrations formalities at the first point of arrival in the U.S., whether or not it's your final destination.

Travel Insurance and Telephones

There is no compulsory or government plan in the U.S. You are advised to purchase travel and health insurance in case of an emergency. When calling from one area code to another, dial 1, followed by the area code and the seven-digit telephone number. For international calls, dial 011, followed by the country code and phone number.
Book Now Back to top